Skip to main content

Beauty Tips | Myth vs Fact

15/01/2017


Every things that happen in our daily life has it's own myth & fact. Do you even know sometimes myth is the fact as well? But for me, I don't think so. Myth is even popular among people because they think it is true based on their own 'unsure' experience. Thus, it makes people start to believe myth is a fact. But it is not actually. 

Fact is a fact. It can't be changed or manipulated. But myth has been manipulated by people because it is based on their experience & observation without any scientific proof. So, I would like to tell you the myth & fact behind the beauty tips that you probably heard & maybe you did it in your daily life.


1. Wash your face with cold ice

  • Myth : Washing your face with cold ice could make the pores contracted.
  • Fact : This method can be resulted temporarily. Use masker or scrub to get a better skin

2. Honey bee can moisturize lips

  • Myth : Apply honey bee on lips before you go to bed can make your lips stay moisturized & fresh.
  • Fact : It is good for your lips because the fluid of the honey bee itself gives nutrition to our lips & can be used as lip balm

3. Licking the lips

  • Myth : Makes your lips wet & fresh
  • Fact : Saliva contains enzyme that actually can makes our lips drier 

4. Apply lipstick repeatedly

  • Myth : Adding layers to our lips
  • Fact : If you want to apply a new lipstick, rub & wash the previous lipstick because it has been polluted by surrounding like dust & even the food chemical.


5. Combing the hair often

  • Myth : Combing the hair often can make your hair healthy
  • Fact : Hair is easily broke & the scalp is potentially oily. Use your hand to straighten your hair sometimes

6. Wear sunblock

  • Myth : Sunblock can't be use during cold, rainy & cloudy weather
  • Fact : During cloudy, you still have to apply sunblock because the UV rays is stronger during cloudy days & radiated your skin


7. Oily face

  • Myth : Chocolates & oily food can cause acne problem
  • Fact : Acne is produced because the excess production of oil on our face & we probably not washing our face using the right method

8. Protein builds muscles

  • Myth : Protein helps in producing muscles
  • Fact : Protein is the main nutrient to build up muscles & acts as energy producer. The excess protein that is not used can transform to be fats

9. Coconut oil

  • Myth : Coconut oil is the effective skin's hydration
  • fact : It contains natural moisturizer that helps in gloomy skin. If you have oily face & acne problems, then you are advised to prevent from using it.

10. Dark circles under eyes

  • Myth : Cucumber heals the dark circles
  • Fact : Yes, it is but it lasts temporarily. After a while, the dark circle shows up all over again. Put the cucumber slice on your eyes can only make your eyes cool & lessen the dark circle

You can use this method as well!

I hope you enjoy & jot down the notes so that we are never ever get fooled by the myths. You want more beauty tips? Then I have to read more lah after this hahahaha. We'll see if I have some other ideas. Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy & don't forget to share if you think this is useful for others too xoxo

Source : Majalah Remaja edisi September 2014

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Silkygirl & Maybelline Matte Lipsticks

Okay people, I know I have been missing in action on blogging for quite a while, I mean, for months and that's a very long time. I was MIA since the pandemic. You know, online class is freaking exhausting. I can adapt & I honestly love online classes but when examinations are replaced with continuous assessment, that's the real thing.  Back to my topic, I have been wanting to do this for a very long time but the time constraints. You know, since I'm a cheapskate especially to beauty products, specifically makeups, I bought everything from drugstores. Ngl, my preferred brand would be Silkygirl since the price is very affordable (that's why it's hard to find Silkygirl items with discounted price) and usually it will only offer you a maximum of 30% discount either in Watsons or Guardian.  I bought Maybelline's lipstick because of the trend and other's review, thus I think it would be an honour to review both since these are the most popular products and bra

Review : Silkygirl Magic BB Cushion

Well here's a thing : as you guys know that I really, really hate to put on foundation to my face, so I always change my BB or CC cream products, eventually. Then I decided to choose something that is full coverage with light texture just to make sure my skin can breathe well.

Coal Face Soap & Rosa Glow Essence by Kayman Beauty Review

First and foremost, I must tell you that I have been waiting to lay my hands on these products a long time ago. If you read all the feedback and results the products give to consumers, it works totally wonder and that makes me want to try it. Kayman Beauty is a well-known local brand that is safe and guaranteed based on the experiment from its founder itself & that encourages me more to try this out.   Plus, I don't really trust local brands but seeing the efforts from the founder (literally not timbang kilo type of product) and reading the feedback, I think this product should get attention from ladies out there. Looking forward this product to be exported into international market. Too much rants, I bought these 2 products which is Coal Face Soap & Rosa Glow Essence for RM 35 and RM 89 respectively. I bought from one of Kayman's agent that covers Shah Alam area. To be frankly honest, I bought these 3 months ago, which was in April. Let's talk abou